Would you recommend our GP surgery?
The Friends and Family Test
From 1 December 2014 , if you visit our GP surgery you will be asked about whether or not you would recommend our surgery to your family and friends, if they need similar treatment or care.
When you visit our GP surgery for care or treatment, you will be given the opportunity to give your feedback by answering a simple question about your experience:
“How likely are you to recommend our GP practice to friends and family if they need similar care or treatment?”
You will be asked to choose one of six options, ranging from ‘extremely likely’ to ‘extremely unlikely’.
You will also be invited to tell us: If we could change one thing about your care or treatment to improve your experience, what would it be?
Your response is anonymous and you will be able to post the reply in a ballot box in our GP practice reception on your way out of the surgery.
If you are unable to answer the question, a friend or family member is welcome to respond on your behalf.
January 2015 survey results:
We asked: “How likely are you to recommend our GP practice to friends and family?”
- 28 patients said “extremely likely”
- 7 patients said “likely”
- 1 patient said “neither likely or unlikely”
- 1 patient said “extremely unlikely”
Other comments received:
- “canny lasses”
- “excellent surgery but would like a female GP”
- “small enough to know their patients well”
- “staff are very plesant and work very hard. They try to accomodate your need for an appointment and don’t get enought thanks, in my view”
- “I am extremely satisifed with this surgery and the way it is run”
- “Well organised and doctors and staff are very efficient and attentitive”
- Great practice nurses, superb team, most helpful, very understanding”
- “Good, friendly, happy service always”
In future, The Friends and Family test results will be published on the NHS Choices Website.
For more information on the Friends and Family Test, please visit www.nhs.uk/friendsandfamily